Wearing sunglasses is a great way to protect your eyes and to make it easier to see when it is bright outside. Unfortunately, sunglasses are surprisingly easy to lose. If you are tired of constantly having to replace them, check out these five simple ways to avoid losing your sunglasses:
1. Use a neck strap or lanyard. The easiest and most effective way to make sure that you keep your glasses with you at all times is by strapping them onto your body with a neck strap or a lanyard. These days, there are a lot of great styles out there, meaning that you don’t have to worry about a neck strap detracting from your look.
2. Take advantage of technology. What if there was a way to use your phone to find your sunglasses? As it turns out, there is. There are small devices available that you can attach to the arm of your sunglasses. These devices send out a signal that can be located using a Bluetooth-enabled device like a smartphone. This makes it fast and easy to figure out where your sunglasses are, no matter where you leave them.
3. Keep them in a case. Purchase a case specifically for your sunglasses. Cases are usually bulkier than sunglasses, which means that they are a lot harder to misplace. This is especially true if you choose a case that has vibrant colors or eye-catching patterns. As an added bonus, the case will help protect your glasses, keeping them from getting damaged no matter where they wind up.
4. Purchase floating sunglasses. If you plan on wearing your sunglasses while you are swimming or in the water, look for a pair that floats. Most sunglasses sink quickly when they fall into the water. Floating sunglasses, on the other hand, stay on top of the water where they are easy to spot and grab. This is particularly beneficial if you are swimming in the ocean or if you are taking part in water sports in rivers or lakes.
5. Take off your sunglasses in certain situations. Sometimes, the best solution is simply to take off your glasses and put them somewhere safe. For instance, if you are waiting in line to get on a roller coaster that loops upside down, sticking your sunglasses securely in your pocket or in your bag is the best option since there is a high likelihood that they could fall off.
All of these methods will help you avoid losing your sunglasses. If you tend to lose your sunglasses a lot, consider investing in a few inexpensive pairs. That way, you can save your expensive sunglasses for special occasions, wearing your cheaper ones for everyday activities.
If you happen to lose a pair of inexpensive sunglasses, it is a lot less frustrating than losing a high-dollar pair. You can find cheap sunglasses online, at big-box stores, and even at dollar stores. Even though they may not be as attractive as more expensive models, they are a good option for using in situations where you are likely to lose your sunglasses but don’t want to go without eye protection.
Leave a Reply