Are you always looking for the best whole body skin care tips for healthy skin? Do you lack enough time for intensive skin care? Well, there’s no need to panic because you can pamper yourself by trying out some of the whole body skin care tips outlined below.
1. Protect Yourself From The Sun
The best way to take care of your skin is by protecting yourself from the sun. Continued exposure will most likely going to cause wrinkles, age spots and a myriad of other skin problems. Note that, you are at a high risk of getting skin cancer. Here are some of the useful tips you should consider when protecting yourself from the sun.
• Always use sunscreen with at least SPF 15. Make sure you apply it generously and reapply frequently (at least every 2 hours) or more if you are perspiring or swimming.
• Don’t stay out in the sun when it’s too hot, especially between 10am in the morning and 4pm in the evening. Around this time, the sun’s rays are the strongest and likely to leave a lasting effect.
• When you are out in the sun, you should wear tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, wide-brimmed hats and long pants. You should opt for laundry additives that give your clothes an additional layer of UV protection.
2. Stop Smoking
As much as most people see smoking as a fun leisure activity, too much smoking will cause wrinkles. That’s because it contracts the tiny blood vessels on the outermost layers of your skin thus decreasing blood flow. Eventually, your skin looks pale and oxygen as well as important nutrients are depleted from the body.
Note that, smoking also damages elastin and collagen which give your skin enough strength and elasticity. Note that, when smoking you are likely to purse your lips or squinting your eyes can cause wrinkles. When smoking, your risk of getting skin cancer is likely to increase. As a smoker, you need to quit doing it if you want to improve your skin.
3. Treat Your Skin Very Gently
Shaving and cleansing your skin every day will eventually take a huge toll. Here are some ways to keep these activities gentle.
• You need to reduce your bath time considerably. Long and hot showers are likely to remove essential oils on your skin. Make sure you use warm rather than hot water for the best results.
• Don’t use strong soaps or detergents that might strip the oil from your skin completely.
• You need to learn how to shave carefully. You should lubricate and protect your skin when doing so by applying shaving cream, gel or lotion. Make sure you use a clean and sharp razor for the closest shave. Also, shave in the direction your hair grows and not against it.
• When you are done showering, pat yourself dry rather than rubbing to avoid clearing all the moisture from your skin.
Finally, the health of your skin depends mostly on the type of food you are eating. Therefore, you should eat a balanced diet every day and take a lot of water for the best results.